Pet Portraits Virtual Class - Ages 8-13 (WEEKLY - WINTER)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: December 30th
Weekly Program - Thursdays 4:30pm-6:30pm (January 20th to February 24th)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - Register by November 25th for $20 off!
Get started with drawing and painting your favourite pets and animals! From quick sketches to measuring and more detailed paintings, this camp will teach students to gain confidence and experiment with pet portraiture!
NOTE: Some good photos of your pet are very helpful for this class! If you don't have your own pet to paint, you can do a portrait of a friend's pet.
Please email photos in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and a printed version with a measuring grid will be included in your kit! If the images are not emailed in time, they will be available to print at home.
Week 1 - Introduction and Drawing Building Blocks
- Discuss our plans for the week and get to know each other;
- Tools, shading, and measuring basics.
Week 2 - Sketching Animals
- Fun and quick expressive sketching techniques;
- What makes a good photo reference?
Week 3 - Using References
- Sketching your favourite pet reference photos;
- Prepare for Thursday paintings.
Week 4 - Colour and Mini Portraits
- Colour Theory Basics / Using your paints;
- Mini paintings / colour ideas.
Week 5 - Larger Pet Portrait
- Combine all of our practice so far to try a larger version;
Week 6 - Larger Pet Portrait Continued
- Continue working on the larger version;
- Adding details and where to go from here!
Plans above are subject to change.
Your Kit Includes:
- Pencils, Erasers, Sharpener
- Paper (thin for drawing, thick for painting)
- Painter's Tape, Drawing Board
- Brushes, Jar, and Paper Towels
- Palette and Paint set
- Table Cover
Registration is only complete with a registration form (which includes your address for shipping). Link to registration form can be found on the "classes" page.