Polymer Clay Tiny Foods Virtual Camp - Ages 8-12 (July 19-23, 2021)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JUNE 30th
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - Register by June 26th for $20 off!
Spend the week creating a variety of polymer clay sculptures!
Polymer clay is an easy to use soft clay that permanently hardens once baked. It is popular for jewelry, ornaments, miniatures, toys, and more!
NOTE: This camp requires an adult and access to an oven to bake sculptures at the end of the week on your own time.
Monday - Introduction and Getting Started
- Discuss our plans for the week and get to know each other;
- Tools, safety, storage, and getting started
Tuesday - Tiny Foods: Pizza
- Basic shapes in clay lesson;
- Create 1-2 slices of pizza loaded with toppings.
Wednesday - Tiny Foods: Burgers and Hot Dogs
- Create a burger loaded with toppings;
- Sculpt a hot dog to match our BBQ theme (if time allows).
Thursday - Tiny Foods: Sushi Feast
- Begin our sushi feast with 2-3 pieces of sushi;
- Rice texture and marbling.
Friday - Tiny Foods: Sushi Feast Continued & More
- Continue on out sushi plate adding a few more pieces, wasabi, and ginger!
- Finishing any projects and reviewing instructions for baking (baking to be done by an adult)
Plans above are subject to change
Your Custom Kit Includes:
- Polymer Clay in a variety of colours (pre-separated for each tiny food project)
- Storage Containers
- Sculpting Mat
- Basic sculpting tools
- Tin Foil and Parchment Paper (for baking)
- Baby Wipes (for cleaning hands between colours)
Registration is only complete with a registration form (which includes your address for shipping). Link to registration form can be found on the "classes" page.
- Registration deadlines are in advance of camps starting to allow time to prepare and ship out your kit.
- Registration is only fully complete with payment AND a completed registration form.
- This registration and your supply kit is for ONE CHILD ONLY. If you would like another child to join us, a separate registration and kit is required (there are carefully measured amounts for one student in each kit).
- Any cancellation of a program by us due to low registration or circumstances outside of our control will include a full refund.
- Due to current circumstances and considering the preparations (supply purchasing, prep, and packing) as well as the pressures of COVID on small business, there will be no refunds issued for participant cancellations for our camp programs. Thank you for understanding.
- Our virtual camp will be held via online platforms and will require access to a device (preferably a computer). Joining us for online programming is at your own risk. Though we offer suggested online learning safety tips, carefully moderate, and do all we can to provide a safe learning environment, certain circumstances while working online are out of our control. Students should be prepared to be on camera with others and will be removed for inappropriate behaviour.
- Some materials in your kit should be used with care and caution. Please review material safety sheets provided in your kit carefully and be sure your child is not eating at the art table. Adults supervising their children working online should review their kit and be aware of any safety concerns. By registering for our program, you understand and agree that instructors are not responsible for any misuse or any injury/accident that may occur with materials.
- By registering for this program you agree to the collection of your information for purposes of running the programs, and that we may reach out to you in the future with other programs we think you may be interested in. Your personal information will not be given to anyone else outside of the program.
- By registering for this program, you agree that photos of students and/or their artwork may be collected and used for promotional materials related to future programs.
- Please contact us with any questions you have - firstname.lastname@example.org / 905-409-6367