Intro to Embroidery Virtual Camp - Ages 8-12 (July 26-30, 2021)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - JULY 7th
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - Register by June 26th for $20 off!
Learn how to get started with hand embroidery!
Campers will learn how to prepare materials and a variety of stitches to create different textures and designs. By the end of the week, campers will be ready to continue on making their own fun and interesting stitched artworks using all we have learned!
CAUTION: This program kit includes some sharper stitching needles and small scissors.
Monday - Introduction and Basics
- Discuss our plans for the week and get to know each other;
- Learn about materials, safety, and getting started
Tuesday - Basics of Hand Embroidery
- Basics of stitching, threading, and set up;
- Learn a variety of starter stitches on practice plates.
Wednesday - Stitching Designs on Fabric
- Stretching fabric and transferring designs;
- Learn 2 new stitches while creating a monogram confetti hoop.
Thursday - Lettering
- Sketch lettering styles and discuss stitches for different fonts;
- Begin a small hoop with one word surrounded by designs of your choosing.
Friday - Finishing Projects and Extras!
- Time for finishing up projects and problem solving together;
- Learn a few fun extra stitches (if time allows)
Plans above are subject to change
Your Custom Kit Includes:
- Fabric (pre-cut to hoop sizes)
- Embroidery Hoops
- Variety of colourful threads (pre-wound)
- Needles for Stitching
- Pencil or Disappearing Marker
- Tin for safely storing needles
- Styrofoam Plates for Practice
Registration is only complete with a registration form (which includes your address for shipping). Link to registration form can be found on the "classes" page.
- Registration deadlines are in advance of camps starting to allow time to prepare and ship out your kit.
- Registration is only fully complete with payment AND a completed registration form.
- This registration and your supply kit is for ONE CHILD ONLY. If you would like another child to join us, a separate registration and kit is required (there are carefully measured amounts for one student in each kit).
- Any cancellation of a program by us due to low registration or circumstances outside of our control will include a full refund.
- Due to current circumstances and considering the preparations (supply purchasing, prep, and packing) as well as the pressures of COVID on small business, there will be no refunds issued for participant cancellations for our camp programs. Thank you for understanding.
- Our virtual camp will be held via online platforms and will require access to a device (preferably a computer). Joining us for online programming is at your own risk. Though we offer suggested online learning safety tips, carefully moderate, and do all we can to provide a safe learning environment, certain circumstances while working online are out of our control. Students should be prepared to be on camera with others and will be removed for inappropriate behaviour.
- Some materials in your kit should be used with care and caution. Please review material safety sheets provided in your kit carefully and be sure your child is not eating at the art table. Adults supervising their children working online should review their kit and be aware of any safety concerns. By registering for our program, you understand and agree that instructors are not responsible for any misuse or any injury/accident that may occur with materials.
- By registering for this program you agree to the collection of your information for purposes of running the programs, and that we may reach out to you in the future with other programs we think you may be interested in. Your personal information will not be given to anyone else outside of the program.
- By registering for this program, you agree that photos of students and/or their artwork may be collected and used for promotional materials related to future programs.
- Please contact us with any questions you have - email@example.com / 905-409-6367